H.E. Johnson & Sons Funeral Homes - Angola | 108 S. West St. | Angola,
IN46703 | Tel: 1-260-665-2211 | Fax: | firstname.lastname@example.org
H.E. Johnson & Sons Funeral Homes - Butler | 212 N. Broadway | Butler,
IN46721 | Tel: 1-260-868-2127 | Fax: 1-260-868-5577 | email@example.com
The H.E. Johnson & Sons Funeral Home was started in 1914 by Henry E. Johnson. Originally the funeral home was known as the Johnson & Kester Funeral Home. Henry was a tailor from Baltimore, Ohio who had an uncle in the funeral business. Henry knew that his profession at the time was going to change drastically over the next few years, especially with suits being mass produced, so he went to embalming school and graduated and was informed by a salesman, of a funeral home in Butler, Indiana that was looking for a partner. So Henry and his wife Martha, who was a licensed funeral director, became half owners along with Mr. Kester and the funeral home was known as the Johnson & Kester Funeral Home.
Henry E. Johnson - Founder
In 1924 Henry's son Harold, became involved with the business along with his wife Esther. In 1932 Henry and Harold built the first building to be used as a funeral home in Northeast Indiana.
Henry and Harold believed in giving people a high quality funeral at a reasonable price.
Henry passed away in 1948 so Harold became sole owner until his son John "Reynold" joined the firm in 1950, but first John served in the Army as a medic during the Korean War. Harold became severly ill during this time and so John was discharged to come home and run the family business. John ran the funeral home and ambulance service and also a furniture store during this time. In 1982 Johns two sons Reynold "Jon" and Eric H. Johnson joined the firm making the funeral home a fourth generation family owned and operated funeral home. John also helped form the EMS in DeKalb County.
Reynold "Jon" Johnson and his wife Mary Ann purchased the funeral home in 1995 and in 2000 acquired the Klink Funeral Home in Angola, Indiana.